WEAPON INTEL #4
DIY TRAINING WEAPON:
(…cont. vis #3…)
You have 4×1′ Blank Weapon handles…
There are many uses for these. Be inventive.
Some ideas presented below.
1 or 2 handles as req’d.
extra REQUIRE: pr.blades app.AUD$70/Drill Kit/ring bolts&etc/length light chain app.AUD$10&clips.
- Tidy up as req’d.
- Carefully cut slot for blade tang(very carefully:slot width slightly less than tang thickness).
- Mark, Line up and drill placements holes thru slotted handle and (in line with) tang holes.
- Slot tang in carefully=blade is sharp.
- Bolts in and tighten firmly-i tend to use some type of “mud”= extreme pressure paste on bolts and self-lock nuts(NO GLUE-in case you need to repair etc).Most blades may have only one placement hole-feel free to add more as/if reqd-i usually use 1or2:sometimes 3 if longer tang: once done,test if ok;add more if still loose etc.
- If req’d Drill very small lead/pilot hole in end/butt handle&attach ring bolt to handle butt-glue”loctite”generously here. Let dry(clip makes chain attach/unattach QUICK AND EASY).
- Go Train.Simple.Njoy.
Though technically not a usual “NINJA” WEAPON=good for chain practice.
2 Handles as req’d.
extra REQUIRE:ring bolts & etc/small length light chain app.AUD$2 +clips.
- Tidy up as req’d.
- Drill very small lead/pilot hole in one end of each blank handle.
- Insert & attach ring bolt-glue “loctite” generously here. Let dry.
- Attach chain+clip(if req’d) to each end.njoy.CAREFULLY.
- NOTE:Shiro “chamfered” handle end…adds another facet to Weapon. FEEL FREE to experiment.
OTHER DIY WEAPON IDEAS:
- 3 sectional staff-similar build to nunchaku.
- trng knife-cut to size, leave round one end to represent handle-other end chamfered perhaps…choices choices…
- kubotan(pressure point weapon). This requires lil extra work on handle. Use chisel type tool to carefully create grooves/lumps symetrically along Weapon length(Cut to size=quite small weapon=app.12cm).Round or Chamfer ends too.
If you can carve wood…
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
Training Weapons if built sturdy are long lasting usually. some slight sanding or retouch varnish may get out most knocks.
If there is some cracking/fracturing starting to appear;the following repair method should suffice.
- Sand smooth as best can.
- DUCT TAPE affected area tightly and thoroughly going well past damaged area.
- Refer to blog article below on DUCT TAPE for a historical overview & usage.
- Retighten and/or reset bolts(if reqd)-DO FIRST if near affected area-can tape over this area but maybe NOT GLUE as below in case further/future maint.req.
- This is where we use fish line and glue-run line thru water to moisten/then wind tightly around affected area and well past if can… then tie off tightly and let dry lil-Soak in glue”loctite”all around taped/line bound area;esp.over tape ends/borders.
- (BE CAREFUL=WEAR GLOVES)
- LET DRY.
- NJOY. GO TRAIN SOME MORE. SIMPLE.